Alliance-Mu Community Forum
[GUIDE]Online Safety Slide011
Welcome to AllianceMu Season 6 Episode 3 Community Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[GUIDE]Online Safety Slide011
Welcome to AllianceMu Season 6 Episode 3 Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GUIDE]Online Safety

Go down

[GUIDE]Online Safety Empty [GUIDE]Online Safety

Post by ANGRYxBIRD Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:36 pm

How can I make my game account more secure?
1. Keep your software up-to-date.
* Use good antivirus security software and keep it up to date. (Examples: Microsoft Security, AVG, McAfee, Avast!, Nod32)
2. Protect your sign-in information.

3. Do not give out your account information to anyone.

4. Keep your personal information personal.

5. Stay clear of shortcuts. If something seems like it's too good to be true, it probably is.

6. Be an active and informed parent.

Six Top Tips to Stay Safe
1. Use a different, unique password for each of your online accounts. Creating different passwords for each account makes it that much more difficult for hackers to get to you.
2. Change your password frequently. Create new passwords every three to six months. If you use shared or public computers, you should change them more often.
3. Don't buy from real-money traders or "power-leveling" services. Using real-world money to buy in-game currency or to pay to have your character leveled has a huge impact on the games you love. They sell you goods stolen from legitimate players and it ends up putting your account at significant risk.
4. Be careful on shared and unfamiliar computers. You never know what might be on them, or worse, you could forget to log out of your game account while using one.
5. Select a strong password. A strong password is at least six-to-eight characters long with a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters and at least one number.
6. Never share your account information with others. Not even friends or family. AllianceMU Staff will never ask you for your password.
Help me, I've been hacked.
1. Change your password as soon as you can.
3. Change passwords for other games, user forums, and any other online accounts you may have. Hackers can sometimes get to your accounts by attacking a vulnerable third-party site or game.

ANGRYxBIRD
HEAD GAME MASTER
HEAD GAME MASTER

Back to top Go down