Alliance-Mu Community Forum
Recognising REAL & FAKE staff members Slide011
Welcome to AllianceMu Season 6 Episode 3 Community Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Recognising REAL & FAKE staff members Slide011
Welcome to AllianceMu Season 6 Episode 3 Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recognising REAL & FAKE staff members

Go down

Recognising REAL & FAKE staff members Empty Recognising REAL & FAKE staff members

Post by TrueBlood Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:48 pm

Hi guys,

I've noticed that there are several cases of players pretending to be AllianceMU staff members. This is leading to honest players being scammed for items. So for this reason I'm posting this SIMPLE way of AVOIDING any potential trouble with impersonators.
Remember:
-Check [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] sometimes, then you should be sure if someone is a staff member or not.
-An AllianceMU staff member will NEVER ask for your password or items.
**Guys, please remember, every in-game Game Master character has a big "MU" sign above their head, there is NO WAY this sign can be removed if the player is a Game Master**
About staff character names:

Letters such as 'i' and 'I' look similar to 'l' which is infact lower-case 'L'. But just remember, even if the character seems to be named like a GM, do not trust him! The above signs should clearly point otherwise!

At the moment the main active staff:

Maldita - this name cannot be easily impersonated.. the only simple way would be MaldIta or ZiIdjian but even so, you should know that he has a lower-case 'i' and "l" in the name.

LADYBELL  this name also cannot be easily impersonated. So there's no way this name can be impersonated unless misspelled for example, LAYDBELL. Thats why you should look-out for the ACTUAL SPELLING of staff character names.

IceFrog - same as Maldita name, Don't have any L in my name, its simple.

GhosT  and -WarGod- = same as Maldita name, the only simple way would be Ghost and WarGod or Wargod

*These are not the only staff members but I'm just showing you some examples.

Even if you know a Game Master has other characters, don't trust any character if they say they are Game Master. Ask them to prove it!

Oh, and to finish off, if you find an impersonator, do not shout "I GO REPORT YOU" just say something like "brb" and come report him with a screenshot, this way we can easily ban his account without him deleting the fake staff character.

TrueBlood
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down